SHWB offers consultations to provide international travelers with the information, medications and immunizations to help ensure an enjoyable and safe trip. SHWB offers:
- Instruction in how to manage food and water when traveling
- Information on how to prevent malaria and other insect-borne diseases
- Most routine and recommended immunizations
- Referrals for rabies, Yellow Fever, and Japanese Encephalitis Virus vaccines
- Prescriptions for malaria prophylaxis and traveler’s diarrhea
- Additional information on international travel resources, travel supplies and equipment and insurance information for travel
- Discussions about HIV risk, safe sex and pregnancy prevention; additional information available through the CDC’s travel website
There is no charge for the clinic visit. Participants with the school-sponsored insurance plan will get immunizations at no cost.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Appointments should be scheduled at least 4-6 weeks prior to your departure.
- Be sure to specify your destination(s).