According to the APA Standards of Accreditation in Health Service Psychology, our internship focuses training on nine profession-wide competencies (PWC) and one program-specific competency areas. These are:
- Ethical and Legal Standards
- Individual and cultural diversity
- Professional values and attitudes
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Consultation and interprofessional/interdisciplinary skills
Assessment of risk using the Suicide Risk Management System (SRM)
The required training and service delivery activities are based on these competencies.