Overlapping dialogue bubbles with text below. We listen. You Decide.

JHU 24/7 Sexual Assault Helpline

Need to talk about sexual violence or misconduct?

Stalking? Harassment? Relationship violence? If it felt wrong, we are here to listen.

Confidential. No pressure. 24/7 support on the HelpLine (410-516-7333)

No pressure to report.

You decide the next steps.

We are a community of confidential staff who are trained in trauma-informed, culturally responsive practices and do not have the same reporting and duties as other staff and faculty members on campus. Connecting with any of the confidential resources listed here does NOT constitute making an official report of sexual misconduct to the University. Any information disclosed to a confidential resource will not be shared with other University offices or personnel without your consent except in those rare circumstances where it is required by law to do so (e.g., intention to harm self and/or others, reasonable suspicion of abuse or neglect of child or dependent adult, or court order).


Unless otherwise noted, these resources serve all students and trainees.

JHU 24/7 Sexual Assault Helpline (410-516-7333)

This resource serves all students and trainees. Available 24/7/365. Callers can receive information and support, and discuss options for medical care, counseling, and reporting with professional counselors. Callers can remain anonymous. This helpline rings to the JHU counseling center, but a clinical encounter is not documented.

Gender-Based Violence Prevention & Education (443-927-3548 or [email protected])

This team, part of the Office of Health Promotion & Well-Being, serves all students and trainees. Individual staffers include:

Alcohol & Drug Education Specialist, Health Promotion & Well-Being

Jamelia Blake, MSW, LMSW, [email protected], 443-927-3545

Religious & Spiritual Life

The Ombuds Office (410-218-6669)

Annalisa Peterson serves PhD students, doctoral fellows, and postdoctoral fellows only.

Student and Trainee Confidential Mental Health Services

Behavioral Health Crisis Support Team (410-516-9355)

Serving Hopkins affiliates and community members in Charles Village, Mt. Vernon, and East Baltimore. Connecting behavioral health clinicians with specially trained public safety officers to respond appropriately and effectively to those in crisis, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. BHCST clinicians will accompany students the hospital for a SAFE/forensic exam is desired.

Mental Health Services-Homewood (Counseling Center) (410-516-8278)

Serves all in-person undergraduate and graduate students and trainees from KSAS, WSE, SOE, and Peabody, as well as Carey students taking in-person classes in Baltimore.

Mental Health Services – East Baltimore (410-955-1892)

Serves graduate, medical, and professional students and trainees in BSPH, SOM, and SON.

Mental Health Services – Washington, DC (443-287-7000)

Serves all DC-based students and trainees, including SAIS, Carey DC, AAP, and Engineering for Professionals.


Available to degree-seeking students and to all trainees, this mental telehealth resource includes on-demand support from licensed clinicians and scheduled counseling. Students under the age of 18 will require parental consent to use TimelyCare.

Student and Trainee Confidential Primary Care Services

Primary Care Homewood (410-516-8270)

Serves all full-time, part-time, and visiting undergraduate and graduate students and trainees from KSAS, WSE, SOE, and Peabody, and Carey students taking classes in Baltimore.

Primary Care East Baltimore (formerly University Health Services) (410-955-3250)

Serves Bloomberg School of Public Health, School of Medicine, and School of Nursing students, residents, fellows, and trainees.

Primary Care Washington, DC  (202-249-7333)

Serves all DC-Based learners such as SAIS, Carey DC, AAP, and Engineering for Professionals.


Employee Assistance Program, (888-978-1262)

Provided by JHU Human Resources, you can reach JHEAP 24/7, 365 days a year, by phone or online via CCA@YourService – Company Code JHEAP.

To make an official report with the University or to learn more, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity.