1. Heat the oil in a large pot on medium high heat.
2. Add in the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and rice and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add in the broth, pumpkin, and salt and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
6. Puree soup with immersion blender and blend until smooth.
7. Strain if desired and serve immediately.
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
1. Add heavy cream, sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove to medium bowl.
2. With fine wire whisk, whip until heavy cream is able to hold soft peak shape.
3. Serve as a dollop on top of soup.