Peer Health Educators (PEEPS)
Want well-being tips for students by students? Follow us on Instagram: @peeps_at_jhu
PEEPs (Preventative Education and Empowerment for Peers) help Health Promotion and Well-Being increase JHU student awareness and knowledge about various college health issues such as:
- Sexual health including contraceptive options
- Sexually transmitted infections and reproductive health
- Sexual assault awareness
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Healthy living
Become a PEEP Member!
Peer health educators wanted! Gain valuable public health and leadership experience to put on your resume, meet new people, and help improve the health of fellow JHU students. Applications for the 2022-2023 PEEPs cohort are now open! Apply here before September 10th!
- One-year commitment with an average commitment of 3–4 hours each week which includes:
- Participating in a mandatory four-day training prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Conducting outreach activities.
- Attending a weekly group meeting.
- Previous experience/course work in public health is helpful but not necessary.
- A sincere interest in student health and a desire to become involved!
Contact the PEEPS advisor, Molly Hutchison at email@example.com for questions.