Student Health and Well-Being continues to provide services during the COVID-19 pandemic, albeit in adjusted formats to accommodate current public health guidelines.
Offices have launched robust telemedicine offerings, but this specific modality of treatment depends on a variety of factors including where the patient is located, if they have signed consent forms, and what treatment is appropriate.
For access to the Vaccine Management System
Achieving as close to universal vaccination as possible within our community is crucial to our ability to come together safely in spring 2022, which is why the university has mandated booster shots for all eligible Hopkins affiliates. We urge you to do so as soon as possible. The deadline to document your booster shot in the university’s vaccine management system is February 1, 2022.
For those experiencing COVID symptoms
Anyone who feels ill or is concerned about exposure is encouraged to call the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Call Center at 443-287-8500, seven days a week, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. You are always free to call your personal primary care provider, and should continue to do so for family members who have symptoms, but JHU employees and students should call the Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Call Center for the best direction for your circumstances and to arrange for testing if needed.
For comprehensive Johns Hopkins COVID news
While this page focuses on connecting current students with health care resources, the university has created a wide-ranging central landing page for all COVID-related information relevant to the Johns Hopkins community, including updates on university operations and testing protocols.
FAQs on Health Care Access and Insurance
The Office of Student Health and Well-Being has created two sets of Frequently Asked Questions for people who are on the university insurance plans and/or those who have access to the SHWC and University Health Services (UHS).
Questions related to SHWC and JHSAP and people on the WellFleet Student Insurance Plan are located here.
Questions related to UHS (which serves SOM, SON, and BSPH) and people on the EHP Student Insurance Plan are located here.
Please refer to these pages when you have questions about services (telehealth options, prescription refills, referrals, etc.) and insurance (finding in-network providers near you, filing reimbursement claims, post-graduation continuation of coverage options, etc.).
Relevant Blog Posts
- Additional end-of-semester COVID precautions (5/6/22)
- JHU testing and masking update (4/22/22)
- Update to COVID guidelines (4/6/22)
- Spring break travel testing requirements (3/9/22)
- Update on JHU’s masking policy, other COVID precautions (3/9/22)
- JHU mask policy to remain in effect, other COVID-19 safety practices relaxed (2/25/22)
- The rise of eating disorder behavior during the COVID-19 pandemic (2/14/22)
- Upcoming COVID booster clinics (2/11/22)
- Relaxing several COVID-related restrictions (2/4/22)
- COVID updates: Resumption of in-person dining, antigen tests for students in isolation (1/31/22)
- Preparing for a COVID-safe spring (1/14/22)
- How to handle a stressful news cycle (1/4/22)
- Workplace flexibility, increased testing, and modified isolation and quarantine in January (12/31/21)
- Intersession course move to online modality (12/22/21)
- Boosters now required for all eligible JHU affiliates (12/21/21)
- COVID safety over winter break (12/13/21)
- Please continue to watch for COVID/flu symptoms (11/29/21)
- Stay home if you feel sick (11/19/21)
- Thanksgiving break (11/16/21)
- Stay home if you feel sick (10/7/21)
- Enforcement of COVID vaccine mandate (9/14/21)
- Reminder of COVID restrictions and consequences for violations (9/3/21)
- What to do if you get sick (9/2/21)
- Reminder of COVID restrictions and consequences for violations (9/2/21)
- Updated COVID safety protocols (8/27/21)
- The red zone of sexual assault, Fall 2021 (8/25/21)
- Changes to accepted COVID vaccinations (8/19/21)
- Masking requirements update (7/30/21)
- Vaccine documentation due Sunday (7/30/21)
- One week left to provide proof of vaccination (7/23/21)
- Vaccine registry and mask policy (6/29/21)
- Vaccination mandate and fall planning updates (6/9/21)
- Upcoming COVID health and safety changes (5/14/21)
- Updated guidance on outdoor mask requirements (4/30/21)
- Addressing hate with healing, allyship, and action (4/19/21)
- Town hall on fall planning, vaccine availability (4/16/21)
- Plans for the fall 2021 semester (4/9/21)
- Shuttle services from Homewood to M&T Bank Stadium (4/9/21)
- New gathering limits and more updates (3/31/21)
- Expanded COVID vaccine eligibility in Maryland (3/31/21)
- Resources and support for the APIDA community (3/15/21)
- LGBTQ mental health during COVID (3/12/21)
- Emotional Self-Care in 2021 (3/11/21)
- Meeting other Hopkins people during the pandemic (3/10/21)
- The red zone of sexual assault, and why it’s different in 2021 (3/4/21)
- JHNeedsU COVID Well-Being Grant winners (3/3/21)
- How to take short, meaningful breaks (3/3/21)
- Things to do for fun during COVID (2/25/21)
- How video games can be a healthy COVID escape (2/16/21)
- Plans for resumption of in-person activities (2/11/21)
- Another Homewood cluster update (2/8/21)
- Update on Homewood COVID cluster (2/4/21)
- Two-day Homewood suspension (2/3/21)
- Staying healthy in a changing environment (1/19/2021)
- JH Needs U: COVID Well-Being Grant (1/11/2021)
- Our plans for the spring semester (1/8/2021)
- Asymptomatic COVID testing before winter break (12/14/20)
- Avoid travel, stay safe this Thanksgiving. (11/9/20)
- How to deal with COVID burnout and fatigue (10/11/20)
- What activities are safe during COVID? (10/8/20)
- Flu vaccine program and requirements (9/28/20)
- Flu vaccine info and FAQ (9/14/20)
- TimelyMD access info and FAQ (8/26/20)
- Mental wellness for people diagnosed with COVID (8/25/20)
- Emotional self-care during the COVID pandemic (6/23/20)
Johns Hopkins Resources
- Educational resources from the Johns Hopkins School of Education, including timely and relevant research, expertise, guidance, and resources to help families, teachers, and district leaders.
- Free access to Mental Telehealth, powered by TimelyMD, for all students and trainees.
- Free access to the SilverCloud platform, for all full-time students and trainees over the age of 18. SilverCloud is a self-directed online learning module that teaches cognitive behavioral therapy skills, which can help to relieve mild-to-moderate anxiety and depression.
- Free premium access to the Calm meditation app for all Hopkins affiliates. Please use this link to register for free premium access.
- Homewood Counseling Center (410-516-8278) (KSAS, WSE, Peabody), which includes group therapy and drop-in discussion groups.
- Homewood Student Health and Wellness Center (KSAS, WSE, Peabody).
- Johns Hopkins Student Assistant Program (JHSAP) (866-764-2317) (SOM, SON, BSPH, SOE, CBS, SAIS, AAP, EFP).
- Mindful yoga videos, both 15 minutes (beginner-friendly) and 40 minutes (adaptable for beginners and advanced yoga students).
- NeuroArts Field Guide to how the arts can support well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic from the International Arts + Mind Lab.
- Sexual Assault Helpline (410-516-7887) .
- Streaming fitness classes from both the O’Connor Recreation Center at Homewood and the Cooley Center at East Baltimore.
- Peabody Institute ArtReach, a curated collection of resources to help performing artists and arts-lovers weather the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Stress and Depression Questionnaire, an anonymous and confidential self-assessment tool with receive personalized feedback within 24 to 48 hours from a Johns Hopkins counselor.
- Student Disability Services.
- University Health Services (UHS) Mental Health (410-955-1892) (SOM, SON, BSPH).
- University Health Services (UHS) Primary Care (410-955-3250) (SOM, SON, BSPH).
Mental Health America Hotline
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The Jed Foundation
Music, Arts, and Fun
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra videos, podcasts, and live-streamed concerts
Experience Art and Culture at Home via Screenflex
Google Earth Cam
Hop at Home free printable children’s activity kit
Peabody Institute Streaming Events
National Aquarium live cam
Smithsonian Zoo live cams
Virtual national parks tours
Virtual School activities